Monday, July 23, 2012

Traveling the Glenn Hwy

Jordan and I left the Mat-Su on Sat. morning. After I had hooked up and was raising the 5th wheel legs, wasn't paying attention and blew a fuse. Thought I knew how to fix it, but couldn't pull out that pesky little fuse. When we stopped for fuel I got a teenage boy to help and presto chango it worked. I always carry extra fuses and things. Of course we had to pass the Matanuska Glacier on the way. There are only a few roads in this huge state. It is the largest glacier and even though I had been to it several times, I didn't realize how long it was.Well we decided to keep going past Glennallen. It was early and didn't see a place we wanted to stay. 
Side view of Matanuska Glacier
Not gold or copper, but caused by volcanic action in the past.
Mt. Drum Elev. 12,010ft.(right before you turn to head down to Valdez)
Three moose crossed the road in front of us and a coyote was just standing along the road. I miss Hoa being able to take pictures as I drive. Jordan is in the back seat and we're doing good just to see the different things.We passed several braided rivers,water falls, rushing streams/rivers, and huge mountain ranges. As we entered the Wrangell-St.Elias Natl. Park the views were breath taking!

No comments:

Post a Comment