Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Climbing Flat Top Mt.

That is flat top in the distance
The white dot is Karen with Jordan and Tom close behind, on their way to the top!
Anchorage with Cook's Inlet beyond.
Several people had told me to go to visit Flat Top Mt. It is on the outskirts of Anchorage and you can see for miles around. My ears popped on the way up to it in the truck. My cousin Jessica that lives in Anchorage had just climbed it 2 days before. Jordan reminded us that she said that it was windy and extremely miserable that day. We had a cloudy but no wind day. We all started up, but I could tell it was too steep for me. Just going down that part hurt my knees. Karen said they were on all fours at the top. Tom took Advil for his knees, so I was glad I just went part way. When it is a clear day you can see all of Anchorage from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment