Monday, July 30, 2012

Alaska Highway

Well, I've seen bumper stickers that say"I traveled the Alaska Hwy and survived." It is true!! Not talking about animals, just the road construction, frost heaves, and gravel! Thank goodness the scenery is sooo beautiful. Jordan and I stayed at 2 pullouts along the road on our way to Haines. One had a walking trail the other was right on the Kluane Lake in the Yukon. It is the largest lake in the Yukon and we had to go around it. Seemed like a great place to stop because it had started to rain. It was until the wind started blowing. Jordan slept through it but the camper was shaking. I got up the next morning and cooked Tomato Gravy over toast.Yummy!
A grizzly bear.
Another glacier, but we want to know what these poles are that are along the road. Something to do with snow I think, but not sure.
After we left Haines Junction, Yukon we entered British Columbia and we saw a black bear and then 20 min. later we saw a grizzly.Many of the animals I've seen have been in BC, Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment