Saturday, June 9, 2012

Palmer Colony Days

Check out the scenery behind the booths and the parade.

These guys were hilarious, they danced and acted like they really were on their hands. (Look close at the face looking out of the leg on the left one.)
Well, I went to Wasilla yesterday, didn't see Sarah P, but I heard that she shops in Walmart and at the Fred Meyer's store all the time. I met a lady that works in the city offices here but use to work city offices in Wasilla when Sarah P was Mayor. She couldn't say enough good things about her. I was glad to hear it, since some people in Alaska don't like her. I would love to run into her somewhere and get her pict or autograph. Sandy, gave me her # so I could get in touch with her if I need to, or when Jordan and I come back here.
Palmer started after the "New Deal". Several thousand families were brought in and given land. The celebration today was all about this, but there was a parade and fair with food, fun, and animals. I had the very best fried raspberry pie I've ever eaten. There was a tamale booth, but I didn't try them.

1 comment:

  1. Fred Meyer is a hypermarket superstores chain started in the year 1922. The Company is a line of grocery stores present all throughout the United States. The Stores are present in the Western U.S in the states like Oregon, Idaho, Washington, Alaska. The fred meyer hours Company tied up with Kroger in 1998 and it is the first one to promote one stop shopping.

    ReplyDelete