Friday, June 1, 2012

Alyeska Tram

Bucket lakes created when a glacier moved through here ages ago.
We are in the other tram passing this one.
On our way from Homer back to Anchorage, we stayed in Soldotna for a night. It was larger than most of the little towns that we have been going through. It even had a Fred Meyer with diesel. We saved 20 cents a gallon because I have a Fred M card and I've been using it to buy groceries. After Soldotna, we stopped in Alyeska to ride the tram up to the restaurant at the top. We climbed from 250' to 2000'. My ears popped and it snowed on us at the top. They had just stopped skiing after Memorial Day. I had hot chocolate and enjoyed the view at the top. It says that the tram will hold 60 people. There were 10 with us and I don't think I would want to be on it with 60. It was beautiful up there. When we went down, we looked around the hotel that is tied to the tram. It is very fancy and stays booked all winter for skiing and summer for sight seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment