Thursday, August 23, 2012

Home in Texas

We got back to Telephone, Tx today about 4:00. It was an amazing trip. I put 16,300 miles on my truck since leaving Waco, Tx. on April 16,2012. I would recommend that anyone taking this trip go up the Cassiar Highway in British Columbia. It is Highway 37 or 39. It runs the same direction that the Alcan Highway runs, just over to the west. I came back down the Alcan. It was so beautiful going so early with all the snow and frozen lakes. You have to drive slow especially with a camper, but I never blew a tire or chipped a window shield.
Alaska is a truly amazing and beautiful state, and yes it is huge. Even though I went almost everywhere that I could drive, there is so much more that can't be acessed by car, only plane or boat! If I had the money I would return and try to see more of the remote places and learn more about the different cultures of the people.
This blog has been fun. Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment